Saturday, May 23, 2009


Carnations in watercolor. These studies were all I could do this week.
Where does the time go. I promised myself I would stay away from the computer to paint. Well I guess the computer isn't the only way I procrastinate.

Maybe next week, I will do more. I received my Guerrila paintbox and now I am all set to go out there and paint plein air.

This weekend is the SBAA membership show. Went to the reception last night. Very talented artist displayed their work. A little disappointed that I didn't receive an award, but I am very happy for those artist that did get the recognition they deserve.

Today I have the grandchildren coming over for an overnight visit, great joy and fun. So I wish everyone out there a very enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

11 comments:

  1. Joan, These are very nice studies. Very fresh and good color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,

    Thank you for the very kind words. I really enjoyed visiting your blog.

    Best Regards
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan - your journal studies are absolutely beautiful. There's a delicacy and tenderness to them that's so appealing. They're feel very spontaneous and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz,
    Thank you. I'm trying get the side panel on my blog, showing the works of my favorite blogs. I think it looks great and it's way other people can see the work of all you accomplished artist.
    Take care.

    Have a great weekend.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Liz is right, Joan, there is a delicacy and tenderness to your work. I think it reflects your passion for these beautiful flowers.
    your biggest fan and her puggies salute you!
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,
    Thank you,I appreciate your opinion. I am such a big fan of yours and Liz. I finally learned how to add to the blog list. Just that the first ones I added turned out to be the last. I still have to get the hang of this blogging.
    Have a great weekend.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joan.... thanks for the complement on "By the Sea". Also, adding me to your list is a plus. Thanks again. I love the studies you have been doing. I've been away from this site for quite some time. Very busy painting for deadlines. Its either hours on the computer or at my easle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie, thank you. Happy to hear you are painting for shows. Hope to see you at the Wet paints meeting. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joan,
    I am glad to see your journal sketchbooks again. I don't know but I get like seeing inside of them. Thanks for letting us have a little peek.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kim, how are you doing with your journal sketchbook? Hope you are having fun, take care.

    Best Regards
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these carnations!! (and getting to see the notes in your sketchbook too....it's amazing how valuable these notes become to you at various points!).

    ReplyDelete