Tuesday, October 6, 2009

HOG FARM

Today we met at the Hog Farm in Bellport. Great day for painting outdoors, I really missed it these last 2 weeks.

This is a 6x8 sketch, the problem was, I painted with the sun behind me. Outdoors it looked right, once inside the colors were to dark. I knew that would happen. But I did take photos so I can work from both.

This past weekend was the Wet Paints Studio Group show. I am happy to say, my 7yr. old grandson Frankie, got 1st. place for his still life, and my grand daughter Virginia age 4 got an honorable mention for her floral. I am one proud grandma.

8 comments:

  1. Joan,

    Delightful work. I know you'll make the adjustments. Would like to see it when you do. Maybe as a follow up posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan, I will wait for the adjustments for
    my comment, but as it is it looks like it`s
    going to be another winner. Well done my friend
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan
    This is a lovely plein air painting.
    I like it has it is too.
    Kind Regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa...
    this is a beautiful look!

    congrats to your grandchildren.
    they are cut from the same cloth!

    peace~ Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anita, thank you for stopping by, and very kind words.

    Regards
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vic, just completed a new painting of the same subject. Thank you for your support and kind words. Have a great day.

    Your friend
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trevor, thank you. I love your new post.

    Best Regards
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chuck, thank you for your kind words. Greatly appreciated.

    Best Regards
    Joan

    ReplyDelete