Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Zorn's Palette 2


6x8 oil. Still working with Zorn's palette. I find it fascinating to experiment with different tones and colors using this limited palette. Thank you Mariano for introducing me to the works of this great master artist. He also used this palette for his watercolors as well.

I have created a watercolor blog, located on the left of this blog. I will attempt to work with the same palette in watercolor. That should be interesting, because I won't have the use of white.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joan,
    I love the way you make those colors sing!Fantastic. Also note that i believe in watercolors you will have to use the white of the paper, no frisket! Have a look at Keiko Tanabe blog to see some example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mariano,
    Thank you for taking the time to stop by and always giving me some great tips. I did have a look at Keiko Tanabe and absolutely love her work. Have a great day.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan. Lovely painting my friend. As far as
    Watercolours are concerned, I feel you have`to
    make your own way, make mistakes, listen to
    good watercolourist`s, and then you can ignore the advice or go along with it. Either
    way it is a very hard medium to use. You have
    done a great job my friend, don`t alter.
    All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vic, thank you, as always for the encourageing words. I enjoy a good challenge working in watercolor is very challenging. My true love is oils, but I will continue to study both. Both you and Mariano have been very helpful to me. You have a great day my friend. I hope you can get back to your painting soon.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete