Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back to work


My painting was accepted. I am thrilled. But I must say THANK YOU to all of you that wrote such encouraging comments. Win or loose it would have been okay, because of all of you great artist that gave my painting a thumbs up.

So now it is back to work. I started this one a few weeks ago, my cloud and water study. The only reason I am posting again, is to get rid of that portrait that I posted and tried to delete yesterday. I was doing the Jeff Watts 30 minute gesture portrait challenge. After posting I realized it was really bad.

We are in the midst of a blizzard. It's a great opportunity to study snow. Happy painting everyone.

9 comments:

  1. Hi again Joan.
    You call it a study, well, I call it a lovely painting. The clouds are brilliant, the water is first class, and the foliage, well, thats first class as well. Now why didn`t I say it was a brilliant painting in the first place eh? I do go around the houses don`t I my friend? All the best Joan, and thanks for your lovely comment re` Fluffy.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vic, you have no idea how much I appreciate your comments. I hold your talent and comments in high regard, once again thank you my friend.
    Have a great day.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it! Congratulations on a well deserved acceptance.Still digging out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oopas, i meant to write...I knew it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Joan are being accepted

    I really like the colors in the sky, especially the hint of yellow in the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Joan! Such a lovely atmosphere, I feel I am there! And now for the different challenge of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne, thank you. I have been following your postings. I will be over to comment on your great work. All the best.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie, thank you. Oh yes what a challenge to paint in the snow. I wanted to feel that high we get, when painting plein air. Now I will do some more snow scenes indoors.

    I love what you are posting. As I write I'm looking at your West Coast chronicles of South Africa. Will visit you later.

    Have a great day.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nora, thank you so much for the very kind comments. It is rally appreciated. Have a great weekend.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete