Thursday, July 15, 2010

Meadow Croft Estate



Almost complete, just a little more tweaking. I would like to bring in the flowers to connect the barn and the garden.

Meadow Croft in Sayville is an historic building. Built in 1891. Country home to the Roosevelts.

I was invited to paint with the National League of American Pen Woman. An organization started by Eleanor Roosevelt. The day was amazing and wonderful.

I would love to go back and continue to paint the main house.

Just a quick thank you to Bruce Sherman. I totally enjoyed the process of doing the preliminary stages.

10 comments:

  1. Joan how beautiful!!! It is so interesting to see the different stages this lovely painting has gone thru to get where it is...you are most definitely an artist of "Fine Art"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan,

    I agree with Janice, it's interesting to see how you started and the steps in between. The preliminary stages served you well. Lovely painting, lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Yes, Yes. A lovely painting my friend, well done. I also agree with Janice and Sue about showing us the stages it went through. Yes, you are an Artist Joan, no doubt about that. All the best joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely Joan. Thank you for the step by step very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the process shots! And I love love love that cloud and sky back there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice,

    Thank you so much your comments are very kind and encouraging. All the best to you.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzy,

    Thank you, hope you are producing lovely work today. Talk soon.

    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vic,

    Thank you, you honor me with your comment my friend. All the best to you.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Krista,

    Thank you for visiting and you kind words. I have been enjoying your work as well. Have a great day.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen,

    Thank you for stopping by and I do appreciate your comments so very much. All the best to you.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete