Monday, January 24, 2011

Snow , Plein Air


I finally got to paint outdoors. First my pochade box went flying onto the snow, paints, brushes and all. With determination everything was set right and my fun began. It was wonderful being out and seeing the shadows on the snow and feeling the cold. Well that was until my toes went numb.

So this was just the beginning of my plein air days. I will finish this painting in the studio.
I will venture outdoors again when the temps go up a bit. Happy painting everyone.

6 comments:

  1. A very strong start. I hope you post the finished version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan,
    the hard won experience will serve you well next time.... and next. The immediacy of the scene is hard to beat. In cold weather is hard to paint; on your hand, feet and head. And you really learn fast what wind is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,
    Thank you so much for the encouraging words. We are in the midst of yet another winter blast of snow. I intend to go back out tomorrow.

    All the best to you
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mariano,

    Thank you for the visit and the very wise words. You are so right. It is all such a learning experience. I appreciate your input. I love what you been working on, you Indian looks great.

    All the best to you
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joan.
    Sorry I haven`t been around. You know how it is sometimes my friend. I like this one very much. The snow is brilliant. Well done Joan and all the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vic,

    I understand my friend. Thank you for the encouraging words. We just got hit with more snow.

    All the best to you and Rosemary
    Joan

    ReplyDelete