Saturday, February 12, 2011

All in a days work


8x10 oil study. Thank you Vic Errington for introducing me to Brian Ryder's dvds. Today I began using his technique. Yesterday it was 2hrs. watching this wonderful artist demonstrate his plein air painting.

I was so eager to start. First the under-painting, the sketch, the layering in color. This is as far as managed to get done.

First is was a sketch using my water wash graphite pencil, then I proceeded in using a pen and ink and watercolor. Once I knew what I wanted the fun began.

By no means is this complete, still needs so much more work. It amazing what a grandma can go when the little ones aren't visiting.

Next week will be a busy week. I do have lots of work that needs completion. But it is so much fun.

Have a great weekend everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Great studies and I can't wait to see the final results. I will have to look up Brian Ryder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Joan. It's great to have fun with art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful work, Joan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanie,

    Wow! I love seeing these studies. You really have an atmospheric quality to the painting.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krista,

    Thank you. Yes do look up Brian Ryder. He was recommended to me by Vic Errington a very talented artist. His technique is different to me, but I love learning new techniques. Enjoy

    Happy Painting

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dors,

    Thank you and yes I love learning new techniques.

    Have a great day.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lin,

    Thank you for the encouragement. I have been enjoying your almost daily post. Will pay your blog a visit.

    All the best to you
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue,

    Thank you. Can't wait to see your latest. Enjoy your day off.

    Joanie

    ReplyDelete