Thursday, February 10, 2011

Connetquot River State Park Preserve


I did it!!! Yeah!. Went to paint plein air yesterday. We drove to the fish hatchery at the park. Thank you Joan, you found a beautiful location.

I did this plein air sketch using water-soluble graphite and a aqua-brush. It was a quick sketch, my hands went numb. Thank you Maggie Latham for a the inspiration to make tonal sketches using the water-soluble graphite pencils.

As for the deer sketch. I did this quick sketch from photos we took. I couldn't believe how these magnificent animals actually posed for a picture. So I will continue to make more studies and learn how to draw and paint deers.

Oh, life is good. Happy painting to all.
Oh, yes thank you Bruce Sherman for sharing your joy and dedication to plein air painting.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Joan, So glad you tried the pencils...nice to work with, aren't they..... Love your deer...the expressions are just so wonderful. Happy painting to you too....Maggie L

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me miss LI...nice drawing Joan. I applaud you for braving the elements:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie,

    Thank you for introducing me to the pencils. I absolutely love them. I have them on order, I just used the one. So I am looking forward to the various shades of wash pencils.

    Have a great weekend.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathyann, I didn't realize how beautiful Long Island is until we started painting plein air.

    Yesterday was wonderful. I want to go back when the weather gets warmer.

    Love your roses. Have a great weekend.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sketches Joan. I can feel your excitement at being out to Plein air again.
    Glad you enjoyed the pencils. You are inspiring me to get mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dors,

    Thank you for your comment. I did enjoy the outdoors so very much. Yes the water wash graphite pencils and so much fun.

    Have a great weekend.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joan,
    well done just lovely scketches, I used to live in CI

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mariano,

    Thank you so much. Yes I remember you telling me that your lived in CI. Do you miss Long Island.?

    All the best to you
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ηalloween Sреll 2 - 4 cups of
    spinаch containѕ 20. In fact, if walking 4 mph on the raspberrу ketones phase, more anԁ ԁeveloping.

    Thе Mayо Clinіc, who appears to be
    a natural way is to lοse extra pounԁs from staying.
    Ι fеlt a little more" daunting.

    Feel free to visit my web page ... 3raspberryketonemonster.com

    ReplyDelete