Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Islip Grange Park "Melting Snow"


Yesterday was a day well spent. Mike and I went to A C Moore for a few art supplies. Then off we went to the Islip Grange Park, in Sayville.
Using my new Visual Journal watercolor 3.5 x 5 mini pad I did this sketch on location.

The snow is melting and I couldn't resist doing this, using my micro pen and some yellow ochres watercolor.





This is another study of the fish hatchery over at Connetquot park. Trying to find a composition that I will be happy painting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Joan!... Good to see you "out there'!

    Amazing ... what a well-placed and meaningful single piece of colour can light up an otherwise "regular" piece!

    Lovely Joan!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bruce,
    Thank you for the visit. The little splash of color was inspired by Dors Art. I was so impressed how lovely a black and white looks with just a little hint of color.

    I have been outdoors and enjoying the elements.

    All the best to you Bruce
    Joan

    ReplyDelete