Sunday, February 27, 2011

Method to my Madness


February is coming to an end. I could say that everything posted this month was a way of keeping a journal.

My studies consisted of reading Brian Ryders watercolor book and watching his dvd's excellent. Isn't funny how learning is like a winding never ending road. While studying Brian's work, Edward Seago became an artist I wanted to learn about. In Brian's dvd he paints landscapes not far from where Seago lived and painted.

What I love most about his work, is the composition of the big sky. Of course it goes without saying that color and tone equally outstanding, after all Seago is one of the greatest masters who ever lived.

So, to the point, method of my madness is simply to learn and grow as an artist.

Now off to see my grand daughter.

Happy painting to all.

10 comments:

  1. You are definitely learning and growing Joan. Your work is becoming so beautiful and your compositions are extremely good. and always interesting. WTG Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I LOVE the looseness of this -- the dreamy quality --!!! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanie,

    I, too love these studies. They have an ethereal quality to them.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joan.
    These Sketches are brilliant. I love them. Your style of Sketching is really wonderful. Now my friend, do a painting from the bottom one, I couldn`t. Keep those Sketches coming Joan. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dors, I can't begin to tell you how much your encouragement means to me. I hold you and your work in high regard. Thank you.

    All the best
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lin,

    Thank you so much. I will be trying to paint from one of these sketches. Once again thank you for your visit and support.

    All the best to you
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzy Girl,

    Thank you. As I write I see Mac looking at me, you are amazing. I want to see another post from you .

    Talk later
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vic,

    Thank you my friend. I am going to attempt what you have suggested. Wish me luck. I love your latest post.

    Have a great day

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. joan, these are just amazing sketches and i love your post.

    ReplyDelete