Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trials and Tribulations


Good Morning All.
Today was the day to do some landscape painting in oil. Got up at 5am. After doing a few chores, I got THE CALL. " Grandma needed today." So as I sit and wait for the little darlings, here are some of my recent studies.

The first is The Herb Farm a watercolor sketch from a photo. We actually went there plein air painting last summer. I do have a 6x8 oil of my painting that was completed on location. This was just playing with watercolor.

The white house located at The Grange Park in Sayville, another study to be hopefully done in oils.

All in all, life is good and today is a play date with the wee ones.

Happy Painting to All

4 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the Nonna call ... don't we just love to hear it?!! LOL Well, most of the time! Glad all is okay! Wonderful studies, Joan -- and the herb shop looks so charming and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Joan...I like the white house very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lin

    Thank you for the visit and the understanding of the Nonna call. Looking forward to next week when they go back to school. Love them, but just itching to paint.

    All the best to you
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathyann,

    Thank you, yes The Grange Park is Sayville is one of my favorite places to visit. I have done so many painting and sketches.

    Have a great weekend.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete