Monday, May 2, 2011

Back to Stonybrook


11x14 oil on canvas. Just did this one this morning. Using the texture paste to prepare the canvas , then toning it with a wash of ultra marine and cad. red. Thanks to Robert Brindley. This does need more work, I will give it a day or two. Eventually I will go back to my own way of painting, it's just so much fun experimenting with these different methods. I never heard of texture paste. Robert Brindley was kind enough to answer my email inquiry. I hope all of you are enjoying this wonderful day. Especially knowing that that horrible man was finally taken out, maybe we can live in a world free of terrorism. With the help of brave men and women and of course God.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful sky!!! Sorry you've been so busy, but you are still finding time to experiment. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for us to paint outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO BEAUTIFUL!!! It's 85 here today -- feels like August ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan,

    Thank you for the compliment on the sky. I have been focusing on skys lately. I hope the weather does cooperate I am so ready to outdoors.

    Have a great day.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin,

    Thank you. Just posted a comment on your blog. You are on such a roll. Producing beautiful paintings. Hope the rain stops for you today. Enjoy your outing.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete