Monday, April 2, 2012

When the Student Is Ready etc.

New studies
more studies


When the student is ready, the teacher appears.  Heard that said once. But it is so very true.  We returned from visiting my daughter and the grand children yesterday.  I was so eager to get back to my fellow bloggers and my art work.  I received my Charles Reid dvds on floral painting and Charles Reid watercolor secrets. It isn't that my ambition is to copy his style, rather it's to learn anything that will help me grow as an artist.  Bruce Sherman pointed out that everything is connected in a still life to bring the composition together.  As it should be when painting my Frank F. Penney boatyard painting.  Right on, that is exactly what makes a good composition. 

I can see most of you have been posting lovely work, so I will pay you all a visit.  Happy Painting everyone.

7 comments:

  1. Des couleurs qui m'enchantent...
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. martinealison, thank you so much for your visit and kind comments.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Joan, yes this is loose and fresh and I like it.
    thanks for your words of encouragement, I will be back
    I have Charles Reid book from a long time ago .. it's how I learned everything and still learning.. BJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BJ

      Thank you and it's good to know that you are also a fan of Charles Reid, for I am such a big fan of yours. Looking forward to you being well and free of worries.


      Still in my prayers,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Lovely work Joan... so fresh. I could never get that lovely luminous look with watercolor. Hope you are enjoying your new DVD's.

    Nice to visit family but as they say " Nice to wander Nice to return"

    ReplyDelete
  4. joan looks and sounds like you are inspired ... Charles direct appoach to painting is so magical .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful watercolors, Joan!! loose and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete