Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stony Brook Plein Air

Stony Brook 4x6  acrylic on panel
6x8 acrylic sketch on canvas panel
Today was a rainy gloomy day.  Mike and I missing the kids decided to go to Stony Brook.  Once again he sat and read a history book, while I set up my little studio in the car.  I had my Tom Brown homemade pochade box sitting on my lap with the gooey stuff I love so much , my acrylic paints using a limited palette.

I did these little quick sketches, there was a man in the boat , there is a vague image in the first sketch.  I took loads of pictures and will get up early tomorrow to do a larger painting.  Happy painting everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful acrylic paintings,Joan. I love the first one with the boat ..I look forward to the bigger piece..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda, I am trying. Thank you for the encouragement. Just noticed your latest post. Will be over in a flash.

      Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful - you captured the atmosphere perfectly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,

      Thank you so much for the generous compliment. I am trying to capture the essence of the day, it was so overcast.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Une peinture pleine de charme... La capture d'un délicieux moment. De très jolies couleurs.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi martinealison,

    Thank you so much. I think I can understand what you are writing.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete