Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fire Island Lighthouse sketch

Fire Island Lighthouse sketch


If you tilt your head to the left the lighthouse will look straight .HA HA!  This was a quickie  sketch that was done last week.  I do like  the composition and will probably do an oil, I will take my time and make sure the lighthouse stands straight.   On Thursday there was a opening reception at the Lighthouse, it was a great time.  The wine , crackers and cheese and the lovely music.  Two of my paintings were accepted and are on display for the month of June.
Happy painting everyone.

4 comments:

  1. I love the depth you created in this fine sketch! Perfect lead in as well - I think it's one of my favorites. I will stay posted for the oil version. Congratulations on having your work juried in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy,

      Thank you so much for the encouragement, can't wait to start the oil.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. But surely tall buildings, viewed from where we sit on the beach, always lean to the left ...towards a vanishing point? So I'm not tilting my head because I like very much what I see. This is my sort of scene (once a shipwright always a shipwright :0).

    I love your choice of scenes ... and ... your wonderful pictures, Joan. I'm looking forward to seeing it in oils,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, you of all people the master draftsman and artist, thank you. Now I understand while the lighthouse never looks straight. You comment was truly appreciated.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete