Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Recent work

Hydrangea in a green cut glass fruit bowl,  Gouache
Stony Brook, 9x12 1 hr. study
Stony Brook, a study

These are some of the paintings I have been doing.  The first is a gouache on paper.  White hydrangea plant that blooms at the end of the summer.
The second is a larger 1hr. study of Stony Brook, behind the Grist Mill.
The third is again Stony Brook, this time I studied the David Dunlop technique in oil. not finished, just a study.

I now have my new plein air paint box, that Mike bought for me, so me thinks it time to get out as much as possible to paint plein air.

Happy Painting Everyone.



9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are fantastic! They blew my socks off! Just love Stony Brook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Johns comment. Your work is awesome. !!! and gets better all the time .. Study, finished ,, whatever you do . Your a very talented artist. hugs, BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI there Joan!... Lovely studies... all! Each indicates confidence.. a strong interpretive quality... yet all maintain that fresh painterly feel which we aim for in plein air! Great work!~

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all lovely studies, Joan, but the middle one of Stony Brook is my favourite too. Your becoming a bit of an expert in gouache by the look of it! Enjoy your new paint box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all my friend, but my favourite is the middle one, it`s fantastic. Have those Gallery`s caught up with you yet? There fools if they haven`t. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all such wonderful studies...perfectly painted, Joan! The hour study of Stony Brook is truly beautiful..love the light hitting the water! Enjoy the rest of the week, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joan, these are all fabulous. I just love the rich warm colours. I also like the middle one best, but they are ALL great. Looking forward to seeing what you do with that new pochade box. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the lovely comments and encouragement.

    All the best to you,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Estos tonos que les pones tan cálidos y tu especial forma de ver los paisajes les confiere a las pinturas una proximidad que te absorbe en su contemplación.

    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete