Sunday, October 21, 2012

Conklin House and Hilda

Fall Pickin's
Kevin MacPherson Pochade 
Lots going on this weekend.  First and foremost, getting to see my blogger friend Hilda.  Last week I mentioned to Hilda, that the Conklin house was having a opening night reception.  She was to baby sit on Friday, so I really didn't expect to see her.  Upon arriving and looking at the lovely paintings I looked up there she was, with her lovely smiling face.  What a wonderful surprise, when we all communicate through our blogs, we get to know each other, when we meet in person, it's like two old friends meeting.

Hilda is as beautiful as her paintings, and it is a privilege to know her. Thank you Hilda for taking the time in your busy schedule to travel to the show. Check out her blog, you have a treat to behold, she is a gifted artist. Pastels by H. Muxo

Sorry about this long post, but in the photos you will see my latest painting a wip, still needs tweaking, but it's my Kevin MacPherson pochade that I was thrilled to use on Saturday.  So all of that being said, I wish you all a lovely Sunday.  Happy Painting everyone.

10 comments:

  1. Hi there !
    What a duo... Joan and Hilda! Nice to see the support and kinship! That's what painting is all about... isn't it!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bruce,

      Oh yes, the support and kinship found on blogging with fellow artist carries through in person. It's a wonderful feeling.

      Best regards to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. I always associate you with land and seascapes - but you are very versatile, love Fall Pickin's

    Hilda is such a nice person isn't she? So kind and supportive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      Thank you John for the lovely compliment. Yes Hilda, is so very nice and we even spoke about the boys over in England. You, John W. Warts and Vic, we are all kindred spirits. Actually all of the bloggers are so connected with a mutual love of painting. We are truly blessed for having this wonderful gift of art.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. It was so wonderful to see you again, Joan! The exhibit was truly beautiful and I was so happy that I was able to go. How wonderful it was to see so many people there enjoying the exhibit...and I have to say..your painting looks better in person!!! A gorgeous landscape!! I look forward to your next piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda,

      It was such a surprise to see you, and I was thrilled you were able to make the show. Hilda, I do wish you would show your brilliant paintings at the Conklin House. I don't know if you noticed the section that displayed portrait paintings. Anyone of your paintings would look beautiful. Let me know if you are interested.

      Thank you again,
      Joan

      Delete
  4. this is an outstanding painting joan! beautiful brush work and color.

    and thank you so much for your very kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suz,

      So good to see you, thank you so much for the lovely compliment, it's truly appreciated. I am so happy you are working and showing. I look forward to your next post.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  5. Hi my friend.
    Lovely still life Joan. My, you are very versatile. Isn`t there any subject that you can`t paint? I doubt it.
    Just managed to get to your blog and spotted this one, brilliant Joan. well done again my friend. all the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend,

      Thank you for the wonderful compliment, it means so much. I always doubt that my work is not versatile enough. I want to get out of my comfort zone and start studying portraits.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete