Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Meadow Croft

Meadow Croft


I have been working in gouache the last few days. It was to cold to go out and paint , so  I did this 5x7  on card stock.   I have so many incomplete paintings that need my attention.  I just want to go out and paint all the time.  But plein air doesn't necessarily mean painting outdoors, it can also be a still a still life set up.

Why is it more exciting to work from life, there was a time that a photo would satisfy as a reference for a painting, as it still does, but my heart is out there working from nature.

Now it is time to make the pizza, I make my own from scratch.  It just me and Mike now, so instead of 6 pies, it's only two.
Happy painting everyone.

10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about cooking quantities - we have exactly the same downscaling problems.

    Love the picture, and yesterday's, which I missed somehow. I don't paint, but if I did it would have to be just like you or nor at all. Brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,
      Thank you for the lovely comment. Yes we seem to be in the same boat about our families grown and out of the house. Where has the time gone? It takes getting used to, shopping for two.
      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Une très jolie oeuvre... une belle avalanche de nuances vertes...
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you martinealison.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Really lovely painting. Wonderful greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Virginia,

      Thank you for stopping by and for the encouraging words.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  4. Oh what lovely light! Pizza sounds good...a lady of multiple skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy,

      Thank you for the visit and kind words. In changing my blog I lost you on my side bar. Great to see you and I will add you, so that I can keep up with your wonderful work.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  5. As always, Joan, this is an outstanding piece!! I love those greens...I only see them in your paintings and Vic's paintings...and Pizza sounds yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda,

      Thank you so much. Hilda there is going to be a opening reception at the Conklin House in Baybyon. The end of the month. I will let you know the exact date if maybe you and your husband would like to come.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete