Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cape Cod Before Sandy

Cape Cod Before Sandy
On the Road Again, watercolor sketch in my journal
On The Road Again , graphite and waterwash
These are some of the sketches I have been working on, while being house bound.  Due to a shortage of gasoline, another set back caused by Sandy, we are staying at home.

I wanted to do a little sketch of Cape Cod, done from a photo taken the summer my son rented a beach house at the Cape.  God only knows what devastation Sandy did to this lovely beach and the houses that were so close to the water.

Trying to keep up with my art, I did these little road sketches.  I miss going out and painting outdoors, but there is always so much to paint or draw, just have to look around.  Trying to relocate my happy feelings and fighting off the blues with a brush in hand.

All the best to you my fellow bloggers.  Happy Painting.

8 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with all on your east coast tonight. I love your sketches, but admire your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy,

      Thank you so much, hope all is well with you.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Joan, it's good to see you're trying to lift your spirits with a little painting. You guys have had it rough this past week or so and you're in our thoughts. I love that graphite and waterwash - fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      Thank you so much, Mike and I were so very fortunate, we didn't have to endure what others had to, I still worry about Hilda.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Hi there Joan!... Glad that you are safe! The gasoline thing will pass more quickly than the environmental clean up... and personal losses! Be busy and thankful... two great ways to recover and move on! Good luck with it!

    All three are nice studies Joan... I especially like the softness and colour in the Cape Cod piece!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bruce,

      Once again your words hit home. That is exactly what I am doing, first and foremost, I am so very thankful, and busy, yes indeed. Waiting for a houseful of company, my daughter and grandchildren, yipeee, and her in laws. Stay warm and bundle up while you are out there, no need to tell you, I am sure you know. Take care.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  4. Feeling safe is a beautiful thing that makes you feel less discomfort.
    After these upheavals "after" is for many people painful and difficult.
    Rebuilding is the time when the help and the solidarity really make a difference to those affected!
    Nice to see you're back to your Art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my friend.
    I love all three Joan. The top one is my favourite though, before Sandy. I`m glad that you are all getting over that terrible Experience you all have been through. I dread any bad weather but Sandy was a nightmare
    for you all. I also love seeing you at your easel Joan. Keep your lovely paintings coming my friend. God bless. All the best.
    Vic.
    P.S. Terrible wet weather here, no paintings done.

    ReplyDelete