Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Arboretum River Walk


This a study done today, using my Noodler pen, sepia ink and watercolor wash.
Arboretum River Walk blue ink

Using my Kuretake pen, blue ink, I did the same scene, 
Arboretum River Walk

This is just a pen and ink, quickie , sepia ink, Kuretake pen
Arboretum oil sketch plein air

This is the actual plein air  study in oil.  It actually wasn't that cold, Mike and I were bundled up with various layers of clothing, buy the dampness just got to us.
In the last few days, my love of art and the enthusiasm that I always have felt is burning bright.   Thank God.
Happy Painting everyone.

10 comments:

  1. Une superbe série de vos oeuvres... Un réel plaisir que d'avoir la possibilité de les admirer les unes après les autres... Elles sont si différentes et similaires à la fois... J'aime beaucoup la dernière puis la première version... Bravo pour ce merveilleux travail.

    Gros bisous et joyeuses fêtes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you martinealison, I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

      Delete
  2. sounds like a wonderful day. i love seeing the series of sketches and how you do each one. beautifully done joan. enjoy the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suz,

      So happy to see your post. Hope all is well with you, thank you for the encouraging words.

      Have a wonderful holiday season.
      All the very best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. What a difference colors make...I love your studies in inks! So happy you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy,

      Thank you so much, it is good to be back on course. I will visit your blog.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  4. I can see you had a wonderful day for sketching, Joan. I love your work with sepia ink..I hope to see more of them.! I'm so glad that your love for art is back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda,

      It is coming back and I am so thankful for that, looking forward to going out there again.

      Hilda have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I wish all the best for you and your family.
      We will keep in touch after the holidays.

      Joan

      Delete
  5. Had a quick look at your lovely paintings. I´m a follower from now on. :) Looking forward to see some more soon! Take care. Catharina

    ReplyDelete