Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Giving Thanks

Treasures from the past.
I want to take this time to thank you  fellow bloggers for all the kindness you have given me and Mike in our days of sadness in loosing  our beautiful dog Mac.

It is also a time to give thanks for all the memories we have and realized how blessed we truly are.  It has always helped to get through difficult times with a brush or pencil in my hand.  In trying to get back to my art I looked into my china cabinet where we have collected various items in our life time.  The green glass bottle was one of a cordial set, very popular back in the day, and one champagne glass. The opposite page a journey through time to the present, the plant that has been with us for the last ten years and of course my recent Noodlers pen, purchased a year ago.

And most of all the beautiful memories we have shared with our Mac. I also want to give a special thank you to cousin Sue, she has done a beautiful job in her drawing of Mac, she captured him perfectly.

Happy Painting Everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Your sketchbook is a treasure! Thanks for sharing. Always an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal book is amazing..we should all keep one! I, as well, think Sue did a beautiful job on Mac and was very happy that she posted it again. He was a very handsome boy. !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda,

      Thank you, I really enjoy the journal. Especially when I need a little spark to light the creativity flame. I think Sue did a beautiful job on Mac, she sent me the drawing in a mat, I just love it, she really captured him.

      All the best to you
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Hi my friend.
    Lovely watercolours here Joan. You haven`t lost your touch seeing that you have had a break. you did a brilliant job of the champagne Glass especially. I won`t mention you know who because I might start crying again. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend, I am so happy you didn't mention you know who, you are so very sweet and kindhearted. Thank you for the compliment on my journal. Vic, I have also been sidetracked by electronics. I just got a Kindle Fire HD, and I told you about the iPad. Today was my workshop at Apple to learn about the iPad. It was very interesting. But how do like your Kindle, I am still in the dark about that, trying upload various apps. Well it's all a process. But I do miss my art now, and that is a good thing. I noticed the lovely painting you have done. I will be over to comment.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  4. Hello there Joan!... Glad to see you back on board... doing what you love! Making art has a strange way of distracting one away from there very deepest troubles and sadnesses in one's life. It can never eliminate grief completely... but it is the salve of healing!

    I love the loose drawing and accompanying loose colour washes that you have used in these lively sketches! Very delicate... as delicate as the glass objects that you have chosen to paint!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bruce,

      Yes, it certainly does help with healing process. I have been distracted lately learning about ipads, and Kindles. That has also helped. I cannot wait to get back to painting. Enough is Enough, it's time to get back. Just put up the Christmas tree, just me and Mike now. Kids have moved and I do have my one son and grand daughter and daughter in law.
      It's all so different but we still have so much to be thankful for and I do thank God everyday for the gifts He has given us, It is truly a Wonderful Life.

      God Bless and warmest regards to you and Deb,

      Joan

      Delete