Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR

January 1,2013  watercolor study of Sagamore Hill Marsh

Today was the first day of the new year, cousin Sue and I had a very enjoyable day  sketching.   Determined to start the new year  doing some art work.   We had a very quiet  New Years  Eve.  Sue, Mike, my sister-in-law Rosa.  My son paid us a visit earlier in the day, bringing my little grand daughter for a visit.
January 1, 2013  pencil sketch
We brought in the New Year with Mike 's specialties, Butterfly Shrimp, spareribs, my sisiter in laws, baked  ham and baked beans.  My favorite was the various cheese imported cheese, crackers and wine. 
January 1, 2013  first sketch of the New Year

This still life is some of the left over fruit and lemons. 
Road to East Islip Marina sketch

A few days before Christmas, Mike and I  drove to the East Islip Marina.  I wanted to capture the atmosphere of the gray sky with the gold grasses.  The Marina is closed, probably due to Sandy's damage. 
Road to East Islip Marina

So this is just another watercolor sketch of the road leading to the Marina. So, as I write Sue, Mike and  Rose are watching NCIS.  I look forward to a full and productive year of painting.  With the help of God.  I wish for all of you fellow bloggers to have a very productive , healthy, happy New Year.   Happy Painting everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great start to a New Year of Art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy,

      Thank you, hope you and yours had a great start to the New Year also.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. My you have hit the 2013 deck, running! Happy New Year to you and yours, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      Thank you and the same to you and your family. I just have to keep the momentum going.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. I love all your artwork Joan but especially the tonal sketch. Well done for getting the New Year off to a great start. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      Thank you so much for the support and encouragement, I am such a fan of your work.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete