Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Old and the New

Millers Pond, 8x10 study from last January 
8x10 oil, still life study of eggs

Looking through my photos from last year , when we had snow , came across my  study of Miller  Pond .  After seeing so many artist that I admire , doing larger paintings from their smaller plein air or smaller studio studies has inspired to me to go larger.  Haven't decided on the composition, but do know there are so many smaller works that are possibilities.

The still life with eggs is a something I set up this week.  Still needs tweaking, just will let it sit for awhile.  My thoughts are on larger paintings.

Mike and I are going to visit my daughter , so I will probably post when we return.  Happy Painting everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Hi there Joan!... Both the oldd and the new share common characteristics of warmth and strong composition.


    Don't just think big Joan! Jump into BIG... in a bigger way!~ You'll never look back!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bruce, oh yes, love that Jump into Big, cannot wait to feel better to give it a try. All the best to you, Joan

      Delete
  2. I LOVE both of these paintings, Joan. The first one is such a beautiful landscape of Miller's Pond...the still life is full of color and perfect details...your paintings get better every time I visit!! Enjoy that wonderful time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Hilda, thank you my friend, you are truly an amazing lady. Your kindness and support is truly appreciated. All the best to you, Joan

      Delete
  3. Hi Joan.
    First of all Ditto to what Hilda says my friend. There isn`t a lot to say more here Joan, except they are brilliant and again Dutch masters comes to mind. They truly are wonderful paintings Joan. I hope also you enjoyed your trip seeing your Daighter. All the best my friend, and again, keep them coming.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Vic, my friend once again your comment is supportive and encouraging. You and Hilda are wonderful friends. All the best to you, Joan

      Delete