Friday, January 4, 2013

WIP for the New Year

11x14 Islip Marina oil, wip

After seeing my friend Vic'c blog and his paintings in oil, I am so inspired to work in oil.  He has always inspired me, he is an amazing artist.
Today's continuation of the Arboretum

This photo is a poor quality photo, first of all is crooked, and the glare of the wet paint doesn't help.  But this blog is just a journal of what was done today.  I am quite happy that painting is front and center once again.  So from here on it's, Practice, Practice, Practice.  Happy painting everyone.

6 comments:

  1. I always look forward to your paintings, Joan! They are both wonderful..but love your WIP, Islip Marina...Beautiful!! and yes, you're right about
    Vic..he does inspire us. I love his work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda,

      Thank you, and I only wish that I would finish the wip's instead of jumping to something else. Vic, is a marvel he is very talented and I just noticed hi new post.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. If I were a painter, which I'm not, and could choose 'scenes' to paint, I would follow your lead. Everything you paint I would like to paint... but that is probably because you make them look so fresh and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear John,

      I thank you so very much for the encouragement and support. It is so very appreciated.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Hi my friend.
    Another cracker Joan. Oils as well, brilliant. Mind you I like all mediums. But Oils are my favourite. Joan, this painting shows great distance and wonderful skill. the Sky is fantastic. I want to thank you and Hilda for both your kindliness`s. You both are a great inspiration to me also. All the best my friend.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend, Hilda and I feel the same about your talent. Yes, working in different mediums is great fun, but like you, oils are my true love.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete