Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Changing Horses in Mid Stream

Daffodils wip
Today was a day on what to do, while enjoying my plein air work with Mike, the beautiful bouquet of daffodils were calling me, Paint Me First!!  Well they were after all handpicked from Ireland, what if they died while we were out.

So it was a big mistake, in my desire to capture these lovely flowers it wasn't going to happen.  Whenever we have the preconceived notions on how something looks or how they should be painted it always ends in disaster , for me.  Because I failed to really see and well that being said.  Lesson Learned!!

On a positive note:  I did paint all day , in which that always brings such pleasure. So no complaints, if tomorrow these lovely little flowers make through the night I will give it another try or simply just enjoy there beauty.  Happy Painting Everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Une très jolie note printanière... Des nuances de jaune sublimes et j'aime la manière que vous avez travaillé le vase.
    Heureuse d'être de retour parmi vous.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear martinealison,

      Thank you so much for the visit.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Joan, this has the glorious yellows of many shades which match the Irish daffodils. They look as if they are moving and the glass vase is brilliant... perfect. Looking forward to seeing if you change it tomorrow, or start a brand new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,

      Thank you for the encouraging comment. I actually did do another this morning. Just a quick oil sketch. However in time I will do a more detailed painting.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. HOW did I miss this one?! Love the color on this and the glass vase is beautifully painted, Joan.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi joan.
    I say the same as Hilda my friend, how did I miss this one also. Lovely painting Joan. I can see the water in the Vase. All well painted Joan. all the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete