Sunday, February 24, 2013

Listening to Vincent

Listening to Vincent

I should say, painting while the radio plays Vincent.  Always loved that song.  This is a study of clouds,  so  once again it is a wip.  
Still Life Studies

Again another  tulip painting, just jumped in on this study, the tulips are still hanging in there,  tomorrow they will have a different look and some changes will be made, or I might start another study.

The art shows are almost here with the spring and summer season approaching the applications and invitation on coming in , hopefully I will have some new work to show.   I am taking advantage of the cold weather and just staying home going through my previous plein air and photos.  Mike and I are going through cabin fever.  He just went out and bought a kitchen floor.

What bothers me, is the lack of exercise during these dreary months. Sitting or even standing at the easel isn't enough. We have been to the mall on occasion, but if I am at the mall . I want to shop.  So okay, maybe I'll do some housework or laundry.   In the meantime Happy Painting Everyone!!!

8 comments:

  1. Both lovely paintings my friend. Vincent is one of my favourite songs also. I didn`r receive these paintings via my email Joan. I wonder why that is. We will see eh? All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning my friend, just made a comment on your blog. I just received the email of your jogger. I guess it takes a bit longer, but as long as we receive them it is okay.

      All the best to you,
      Have a great day
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Joan! Love both of your studies... a great way to fend off cabin fever!

    I still get out and walk nearly every day... that helps as well!

    Good Painting... and "study"-ing!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bruce,

      Yes, walking everyday is so important for us, and Mike and I trying to get out more often. Thank you for the visit and encouragement.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. I love both of these paintings, Joan...the hint of purples in the sky is fantastic..a beautiful landscape and love your still life!!!
    and yes, I need to exercise as well...painting while sitting is really not a good thing!! I will start walking soon, even if I have to go to the mall !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda,

      Thank you so much, I actually returned to my WW meeting, just to stay on track with healthy eating and exercise. They were talking about, just getting up and walking in the house for 5min. on the hour, every hour. Doesn't seem like much, I will give it a try.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  4. Just to tell you how much your kind words mean to me on my last post.. He was all that and more... thank you ... BJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning my friend, BJ, my heart goes out to you. I consider you to be a very courageous lady. You bring joy to others with your wonderful talent. The Angels are watching over you.

      All the best,
      Joan

      Delete