Sunday, February 10, 2013

Primrose plants

Entry into my journal
Today was a day devoted to mundane chores of housework.  My daughter and her family are paying us a visit next weekend.  The mounds of snow are still out there and people on Long Island are stuck in their homes unable to get out.  The plows haven't come through and the LIE is closed from exit 57 to 63.  No worries, Mike and I aren't about to go out and  we keeping busy.

I decided to give myself a break and did this little entry in my are journal.  These are the little primrose plants I purchased last week. It was fun working in watercolor.  Happy Painting everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, Joan...it reminds me of Springtime! 30 inches of snow!!!! My sister lives in Ridge and she isn't able to come out of her house yet...I told her I will see her in the Spring! LOL Glad you're okay ...Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda,

      Channel 12 news has been showing people out there, they are truly stranded. A woman had to walk 5blocks to the hospital to give birth, the baby came after 20minutes of here getting to there. There are so many stories , this has been unbelievable.

      Thank you for the visit and lovely comment. I will be taking a break for a week, the kids are coming.

      Have a great week,
      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Primroses are so cheerful in the spring. You did a very good job capturing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Douglas,

      Thank you so much for the lovely comment, it is truly appreciated.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. You took a rather gloomy situation and turned it into a beautiful journal entry. Lovely little painting! Hope that the snow stops soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca,

      Thank you so much for the visit and very kind comment. I truly appreciate the encouragement.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  4. Good Morning Joan!... A creative and colourful entry for your journal! Nice... uplifting memories ... floral "footnotes" to record your thoughts during the blizzard. Much more positive than complaining... don't you think? Well done!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bruce,

      Thank you for the visit and encouragement. I love keeping an art journal.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete