Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Sky Isn't Always Blue

WIP
Day 1
These are two oils that I am working on, using a different palette and trying to achieve a golden glow through the under painting.  The first is a Stony Brook, a place where I keep returning,the second is Lake Ronkonkoma.  Both places that we have been to in the summer.

Today will be another day on the phone with the Kodak printer people, having problems with the WIFI to print from my ipad.  Is all this technology keeping me away from my art, yes, and not to happy about that, but is necessary.

Hopefully it wont be an all day event.  Happy Painting everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Joan.
    your two paintings have just come through in my inbox. now I can never miss any more of your paintings, great. Joan, these two paintings show great promis. now don`t do any other painting before you have completed them. I have lost count of The time that I have rung up about my printer. Stay with it my friend. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend, I will try to go to the next step with these. I seem to be having lots of incompletes in my studio. Today it's babysitting my grand daughter, tomorrow back to my paintings. Hopefully my artist battery will be re-charged.

    Just go an email or your recent paintings, but they are not showing on your blog. Just want you to know how wonderful they are

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both amazing landscapes...I spent many summers in Lake Ronkonkoma and have so many wonderful memories. The golden glow is absolutely gorgeous, Joan! The perfect touch..I love these two!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda,

      Thank you so much for the encouraging words. It help's in the confidence department.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  4. Hi Joan - Wonderful images! I've been away, ill, but am fine now and will try to get my show back on the road ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      So sorry to hear that you have been ill, rest and make sure you are strong enough to get back to work. You have been working so very hard.
      Take care, my friend.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete