Monday, March 25, 2013

Back At The Easel

Still working on this, 8x16 acrylic on RayMar panel
Today I tackled this Short Beach painting wip.  Worked on my tones and probably will do more in a day or two.  It's funny how the simplest compositions can be so difficult to paint.  It is such a balancing act, Not, complaining just amazed and at the same time intrigued with this precious gift of art the we artist have been blessed with, and who said the Journey was supposed to be easy.  So, like I said no complaints, just humbly thankful that I can spend my days at the easel, while the weather outside is nasty. Happy Painting to all my fellow bloggers.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, 'us' painters know what you mean :0) ... nearly finished my first ever painting! You make it look so natural, I'm beginning to understand the problems!

    It's a lovely painting, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, thank you for the visit. I have been in awe of your paintings. Keep it up John, your are truly gifted.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Il est vrai que je m'étonne parfois en peignant... Les choses les plus simples sont les plus difficiles à peindre...
    J'aime la sérénité que vous avez capturé dans cette dernière peinture.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi martinealison,

      Thank you for the visit and now I can understand through the google translate.Thank you for your support and you as an artist also go through the sometime difficulties of a simple landscape.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Another lovely paintig my friend. You certainly have got the tones right Joan, well done. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend, and thank you for the encouraging words. Sometimes it is so difficult to know if we have achieved what we wanted in a painting. I always appreciate your support.

      All the best to you
      Joan

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful scene, Joan! Fantastic painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my good friend Hilda, and I thank you. Hilda, keep April 13th and 14th in mind, just in case you can take a trip to Smithtown, the Brush Barn is having our annual show, would love the see you. It would be great if you could participate in one of these shows.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete