Saturday, March 9, 2013

Nothing To Lose WIP

8x16 wip acrylic
Today was an adventure into using a 8x16 format, way out of my comfort zone.  Also used acrylic gloss medium and slow drying medium which had a totally different texture to the paint and its application.   Whenever I try something new, which could end in a totally disaster, there is really nothing to lose  and everything to gain.  It's all the learning process.  The biggest fear any artist has, is to stay stuck in a comfort zone, with nothing to lose or gain. My experiments also consist of various colors on my palette and small to very large brushes.

So now it is time for a glass of wine, while making dinner for me and Mike.  Happy Painting everyone.

6 comments:

  1. These last paintings are beautiful, Joan. How you manage it I don't know. I tried my first experiment with acrylics ...ooops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,
      Thank you so much for you visit and encouraging words. They are so very appreciated. Also, just realized that your painting in acrylic is the one that fooled me into thinking it was something from a magazine. I'll be over to your blog.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Hi there Joan!... The middle is average in anything. Being stuck in the middle is nothing. "Nothing gained... is nothing lost." What's the fun in all of that?

    Continue to play with you new subjects... formats and ideas... and it will get easier to set sail not fearing loss.Painting should be a journey of adventure and excitement. Enjoy the voyaging... wine and dinners with First Mate Mike!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bruce,

      Once again your comment is spot on, the middle of anything isn't fun at all. Just love living on edge. Beginnings are great. So many possibilities. At the end, then it's just okay, the next will be better, so long story short, the journey is what I love.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Hi Joan.
    Another lovely painting my friend. Water and Sky spot on. The foliage as usual brilliant. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend, Happy Sunday to you, once again thank you for your lovely comment. Vic, I haven't gotten to Vic jrs. book yet, It is on my kindle, and I so look forward to reading it, just read the first page and know that I will love it, thank you.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete