Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Foggy Day

A Foggy Day
My very first attempt at painting fog in plein air.  It was so much fun.  Initially I set up on the same side of the dock with my friends, only to be greeted by tiny little birds that didn't enjoy my company.  So hence, they won the battle and I moved to a location where my fellow artist could be included in my sketch.

In turned out, that the wee birds had their feeding station where my set up was located. Must confess that I have a phobia regarding the little feather creatures. I am getting better just being out there in their habitat.  Overcame my fear of geese, my daughter told me to pretend they are medium size dogs, so , geese, seagulls and swans are no longer on my phobia list.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their beauty, oh, yes, made friends  with a robin, who likes to keep me company while I paint in the yard.

Enough of my silliness, it was a great day painting fog.  Happy painting everyone.

12 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful painting of a "Foggy Day", Joan!! You captured the misty atmosphere perfectly.! And I love your previous post...you look beautiful.! and I'm so happy that I was able to go to your exhibit. I must say, your paintings look even more beautiful in person!!
    Congratulations on selling some paintings..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilda,

    Thank you for the lovely compliments. I have been telling all my artist friends about you and how exciting it is to see you at the shows. I am only sorry that we didn't take a picture together. Next time. Looking forward to your next post and please do think about joining us, plein air or at one of the shows. The Conklin house is by invitation, say the word I will make the call to the gentleman in charge, his name is Larry Nye. The show is in October, remember your were there last October.

    Must get ready for our trip to visit my daughter and grandchildren. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi joan.
    I agree with Hilda one hundred percent my friend. Wonderful foggy atmosphere. I tried to paint fog once, but no joy. I found it very hard. I gave up in the end. So well done my friend. Joan, there are some bloggers who have followed me on my blog who I haven`t been able to get to their blog. You have`to sign up for something like friends connect or something else and I don`t want to do that but want to see these Artist`s paintings, any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my friend, no I haven't seen that friends connect to leave a comment. I have to check that out. Thank you for the lovely comment. Also thank you for the email and I will check out Peter Barkers palette web sit. I always appreciate your recommendations of other artist. I have learned so much. I am off to visit my daughter and grandchildren tomorrow.

    All the best to you,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanie,

    I love Foggy Day and the composition. What a fun plein air outing. I hope you get this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!!!! I am so happy Sue, you did it, I love what you posted on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Antonio, your visit and lovely comment is appreciated.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  8. Just catching up (again), Joan. I love the atmosphere you create here, wondeful.

    The previous post reminds me of our set-up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John, I know what you mean, where does the time go? Thank you for stopping by and just love your work.

    All the best to you,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great atmospheric painting. Isn't it wonderful to be able to paint in and capture all sorts of weather?
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Douglas,

    Thank you for the visit and the encouraging words on my painting. It is truly appreciated.

    All the best to you,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete