Thursday, June 6, 2013

Arboretum River Walk

Arboretum River Walk 
By the River
On Tuesday evening I had the pleasure to see Paul Bachem demo at the Suburban Art League.  I have been a long time admirer of Paul's landscape paintings.  He is a well know artist ,who lives on Long Island. He initially started as an illustrator and is probably know for his book cover of the Godfather and many others.  Well long story short, Paul  has been a landscape artist and paints plein air. We are fortunate to have him here on Long Island.
So I finally got to see him in person and see his process and approach of a landscape.  It was inspiring and the very next day my friend and I painted at the arboretum.
Happy Painting Everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Joan.
    Full marks for this one my friend. I love it. It has stacks of mood and atmosphere, as well as wonderful artistic skill to put it all together. As I said Joan, full marks. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vic,

      Thank you so much for the lovely comment and continued support. I will now visit your blog.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Dear Carol,
      Thank you so much for the very kind comment, it is truly appreciated.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Very nice, beautiful and restrained. Paul Bachem would of been a great experience. Jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jim, seeing Paul paint was indeed a wonderful experience. I have been trying to apply everything learned to my art.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  4. Hi Joan!... A very different... "scuffier" treatment of the canvas and intersting layers of colour on top. Obviously some "new" influence???... in your process. Nice!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bruce,

      Oh yes, a wonderful influence. Seeing and hearing Paul speak about art was a thrill.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete