Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Fun

Vanderbilt Estate  5x7 gouache on crescent board
Sweet Briar, 2 4x6 gouache on crescent board

Happy Summer all my fellow bloggers, due to a case of  too much to do, or just being lazy , not sure.  But we are in the Hazy, Lazy  Days of Summer:  The weather as been hot and humid, but Mike and I did venture out last Sunday for one of the plein air events at the Vanderbilt Estate overlooking Long Island Sound.  It was a very overcast day and a perfect opportunity to try and capture the atmospheric conditions of the day.

The second mini gouache paintings are on crescent board as well.  They are two little studies of the original Sweet Briar painting that was started but never completed , shame on me, but after doing this little mini, I am confident that the completion is at hand.

I have noticed some wonderful work from all of you and I will visit your blogs today.  Do hope you are all having a delightful summer.






4 comments:

  1. You definitely captured the misty atmosphere on your painting of Vanderbilt Estate...a wonderful piece..love the boats in the distant! and the two little paintings are perfectly painted, as always!!! Hope all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda,

      Thank you my friend, it was a wonderful day, even had the pleasure of my son, daughter-in-law and grand daughter who joined us, it was great. If you ever want to enjoy the plein air and music event, there is another on July 7th, I think, I will let you know.

      Hope you are enjoying the summer,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Hi long lost friend.
    I ditto what Hilda says above Joan. All lovely paintings. a
    And happy to see you back Joan. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, and also thank you for the wake up call, to get crackin.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete