Saturday, August 24, 2013

Happy Saturday Fellow Bloggers

Montauk On  The Rocks

Mike and I went to Montauk Point with our grandson, at the time he was only 18mos.  He loved  the water and big rocks and for a little guy he enjoyed the  task of lifting and and re-arranging them.  So many years ago, he is 10 yrs old now.  Where has the time gone.
Meadow Croft Marsh
During the week the ladies and I painted  at Meadow Croft.  While it is impossible to paint the marsh, because of the road leading to the estate, had to take photos to work from, this is a 5x7 acrylic on RayMar panel.

Summer at the Lake
Trying to complete works started in the beginning of the summer, finished this one in the studio.  11x14 acrylic on mdf board.

Do hope all of you are enjoying the last days of August.  Don't know what it is about the changing seasons that bring me so much joy and anticipation.  Cool crisp days , natures beautiful display of fall colors, pot roast, apple pie and okay, brownies.  So to my fellow bloggers enjoy life, and Happy Painting to All.

6 comments:

  1. Bonsoir,
    Je suis heureuse après mes longues semaines d'absence de reprendre contact peu à peu avec les blogs...
    Je suis heureuse de déguster du regard ces merveilleuses peintures remplies de vie et j'aime les réflexions qui les accompagnent.
    Votre palette est particulièrement belle.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely, lovely work Joan! Montauk on the Rock is my favorite but i love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are classic Sicignano, and really brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joan.
    All lovely paintings as usual my friend, but my favourite is Summer at the lakes. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Joan!... Good to see you at work... "tidying up summer"... HA HA
    I was just reading Robert Genn's Newsletter and his advice to.. "plan the work... then work the plan" struck a chord for me!

    Nice wee sketches!

    Fall comes on quickly... then evaporates. Be ready... and "get out there."

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these paintings, Joan! The first one is even more beautiful because of the memories attached to it! I've probably told you but I bought a new computer since my last one died and since I'm the original dinosaur I'm still trying to figure out how to post a new painting...Hopefully my nephew will be able to help ...unfortunately, he's so busy right now to help..LOL I will be looking forward to your next painting...

    ReplyDelete