Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Meadowcroft Today

Quickie sketch before we went home
Still needs tons of work
Meadowcroft work in progress
Today was a plein air day, life is almost back to normal.  Last week was so very hectic and I just wanted to get back to painting.  I miss blogging with all of you and in the future will try to get back to visiting and sharing with all of you wonderful artist.

We painted at Meadowcroft and I started two 8x10 oil sketches.  To be honest, it may be time to get back into the studio and start finishing all of these paintings started on location.  I would also like to paint larger and maybe get back to life drawing workshops in September.  What is it about the fall that makes me think of a new beginning, like the start of a new school year.  Oh Well, it time for a bit of RR, Happy Painting everyone.

6 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, Joan....that first "quick" sketch is amazing.... You are SO talented!!!!
    You shouldn't GO to a workshop...you should run it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Hilda,

      Thank you so much for your continued support. You have no idea how it is appreciated. Once again, thank you my good friend.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Hi Joan.
    Yes, Yes to what Hilda said above my friend. You call it a sketch, I call it a lovely full of foliage painting. Also Joan, your painting of the house at meadow croft, is also lovely. I personally wouldn`t touch them. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And good morning to my wonderful friend Vic. I am so fortunate to have yours and Hilda's continued support and encouragement. My self confidence is a bit wobbly at the moment. Best cure for me is work and the kindness of my fellow bloggers. Thanks again Vic.

      Joan

      Delete
  3. These have the distinct feeling of work from the masters of the early 20th century!!!! what depth and texture you've created!!! i'm so drawn in and captivated! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Suz,

      It's wonderful hearing from and I am honored by your lovely comment. I have always been a fan of your outstanding work. Hope life is getting a little easier for you, I noticed you have been producing some great work. I will be over shortly to pay you a visit.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete