Monday, October 28, 2013

Longwood Estate

Longwood Estate  Oil 9x12
Hello my fellow bloggers, I just returned from an outing with Mike.  We went to Longwood Estate.  Had a hell of a time painting this, probably because it wasn't a scene that intrigued me.  Oh well, it's always good practice.  I'm  beginning to realize, that when something looks simple, it isn't!  It was all about the colors not the composition, the reflections in the water.  Missed my mark, so it will be in the studio the rest of the day.  Will try another and a different approach.  Hope everyone is well and enjoying nature and painting, inside or out.  Happy Painting Everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Joan.
    I can`t see that anything needs to be altered on this painting my friend, it is a lovely painting, Please don`t touch it. The Water is just fine. It needs to be dark otherwise it would clash with the Foliage. Great painting Joan. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend for your encouragement and support. I will be over to visit your blog.
    All the best to you,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan, Your a busy lady, your paintings are the top ... I've always admired your work, and is it any wonder.?
    Thank you so much for coming to my blog, I always appreciate your comments. And never take anything for granted.. It's a busy world out there , and your right in it ... Good for you... Barbra Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness, Joan! This is such a beautiful scene and the Fall colors are absolutely amazing! Another wonderful painting!
    I agree with Vic....don't touch it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice sketch!!! love the colors you used!
    artisoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joan.
    I spotted this painting by luck. I didn`t receive it in my email. I don`t know why not, any ideas my friend? Lovely painting. Simple subject, but you have done a great job with it. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete