Friday, October 4, 2013

Plein air with friends

Painting with friends
Crab Meadow 2 8x10 oil on panel
Crab Meadow 1 5x7 oil on RayMar panel
Plein air frenzy, before the cold weather sets in, we are out and having a wonderful time painting at various locations on Long Island.  Tuesday we painted at Crab Meadow Beach in Northport.  I managed to complete 2 paintings.  The first was a 5x7 warm up and then proceeded to a 8x10.
Short Beach
Another location that I am so fond of, the day was glorious, the return of summer.  So we are taking advantage of  natures gifts to us.  I am also looking forward to some studio work.  I have several paintings started of the Arboretum lovely gardens.  And of course have some ideas for still life work.  I do hope all of you are enjoying your passion for painting.  Happy Painting All.

6 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful, Joan...I love the first two of Crab Meadow...The splashes of purples and blues are amazing! You caught the light perfectly... I really wish I can join you but I could never see what you capture in a painting...That is a gift!!! Any future shows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda, you are so very kind with your encouragement and support. Yes, once again I will be showing at the Conklin House what I love most about that exhibit, no pressure. Great wine and cheese and fellow artist. I understand you are so very busy, so only if you have time, I would love to see you. Take care.
      All the best
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Hi Joan.
    Yes my friend, I agree with Hilda, all lovely paintings especially the last one, Short Beach. I like seeing your paintings on your easel, but no Joan this time. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend, thank you so much for the very kind comment. I always enjoy, yours and Hilda's visits. We have been blogging quite a few years now, and I love seeing your work and Hilda's. Take care.

      All the best,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous Joan...I especially love the boats on the water. Hope you have some more lovely days before the snow flies. Take care and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      I thank you so much for the lovely comment. Today, Mike and I went west, that is Nassau county Long Island. We visited some beautiful locations that I will try to paint at some point. Wishing you all the best.
      Joan

      Delete