Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving


Just want to wish all my blogger friends in the U.S. a very Happy Thanksgiving.  To all my blogger friends in other friends in Canada and England a very Happy Day.  Today is a day to reflect on all our blessings.  As I write, my grand daughter Virginia is creating a bracelet on her rainbow loom. The little guy Joseph is sitting on his dads lap with his traditional Thanksgiving cold.  My husband is in his glory, with the shopping for the feast, bonding with my daughter for she also loves all the traditions from holidays past when her grandparents came to our house.  My sister in law is the life of the party, making the kids laugh and playing games.  My first born grandson is sleeping, which is unusual for he is an early riser.
For me I cherish everyday with my loved ones, and not to mention, the wonderful gift of art.  For that is what keeps me going when we can't all be together.  Happy Painting Everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Bonsoir,

    Une très belle publication... Une peinture merveilleuse... j'aime beaucoup sa composition et l'harmonie des couleurs.
    Les mots qui accompagnent ce billet sont aussi charmants.
    Belle fête à vous aussi.

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you martinealison.
      all the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Hi Joan.
    what a fantastic painting of a still life. it couldn`t have been painted any better my friend. This is a full marks job here Joan. Enjoy your familly and give them my love. All the best to all.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend for the support and encouragement. Your post has inspired me to do some more sketches. They are so important to the artist development.
      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Joan ... this has to be one of my favorite still life paintings. So colorful and the perfect piece for the Holidays. Truly beautiful!!
    and of course, a beautiful post. There's nothing better than being together with the family for the Holidays. I'm happy exhausted!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Hilda, your comments are truly appreciated. You are so right about the family for the Holidays, Happy and exhausted and a nasty cold, complements of my little grandson Joseph. Have a great week.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete