Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year

2014 first sketch pen and ink
Sunken Meadow after the first snow
English Country Side

New Year resolution #1;  to post more often and visit my blogger friends. Everything that is worthwhile is time consuming, but so very rewarding.  Being busy with my little pup is such a delightful distraction.  But the holidays are over and like a child returning to school, it's time to get back to my art studies.

My creative battery has been charged and hopefully tomorrow I will begin another painting.  We are about to experience a blizzard, that should be starting at 9pm this evening  so I am looking forward to painting when we are able to get out. I will also come and visit you my fellow bloggers.  Yes, keeping a blog is something that does take time but so very rewarding to stay connected to all of you.

Once again Happy New Year to all and wishing you all a very healthy, prosperous New Year. Stay safe as well.

6 comments:

  1. hey nice post mehn. I like your style of writing. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog titled You Will Experience This If You Can Read For Just 00:30:00 Today .
    keep up the good work.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan my friend.
    I can see this is an English country scape Joan, So spot on. It `s like the landscapes that I love to paint. Also the other paintngs are so lovely. Joan, I haven` t painted since before Chistmas. I have had a slight stroke. But i will get back to it, soon. All the best my friend
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Vic,
      Second time I am replying to your post. The first didn't go through. Well I will try again. Thank your for the lovely comment and I am thrilled you liked my English country side. I did it from the freephotos4artist you recommended awhile back. Stay well my friend , my prayers and thoughts are with you and Rosemary.
      All the best
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Oh joan..these are all amazing! I especially love the english country side..! Hope to see some paintings of this beautiful snow we re having...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and your family Hilda. Thank you so very much for the kind words, yes, I am looking forward to getting out there to paint. Will have to wait until it warms up to at least 30. Hope all is well with you.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete