Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Keeping busy

Gouache sketch of snow
Pen and ink study
Yesterday, another snow sketch started in gouache, just can't get myself enthused about painting snow, I might leave that until August, when I need a visual to cool off from a heat wave.

In the meantime, my thoughts are being influenced by Cezanne and Helen VanWyk, thinking about a large still life.  I did this little pen and ink study, from an actual set up on my dining room table.

Oh well, Happy Painting everyone.

5 comments:

  1. The pen and ink sketch still life is wonderful, Joan..I think it would be outstanding in a larger format. your sketch from your dining room makes me colder than I am...lol...very nice! Like you, I'm looking forward to the Springtime....had enough of snow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan my friend. I agree with Hilda, the pen and ink is brilliant. I too like the painting. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan!... Good decisions on your part! The ink sketch certainly evokes the enthusiasm and the obvious sense of enjoyment that you have expressed for your Cezanne and Van Wyk study. The winterscape certainly lacks the same feeling expressed earlier. The moral: Paint what you feel and love... and you've done so admirably in this ink sketch!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sketches Joan... I wouldn't be able to get enthused about snow... but you know spring is just around the corner..
    and you'll be out there again... Hugs,, Barbra Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for the kind comments. I'm trying to get back to posting and visiting all of you.
    Happy Painting everyone.

    ReplyDelete