Tuesday, March 11, 2014

East Islip Marina

East Islip Marina
Still working on these watercolor paintings.  Learning that the quality papers can take quite a beating before tossing it in the garbage.  It's all a learning experience.
Reworking,

Had to remove most of the color from the house.  Didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to, using the masking fluid, I made a mess of the windows and boat.   Just ordered the Daler Rowney masking fluid, it's what Robert Brindley uses and I just posted his on my side bar, love his work.
Working on 300lb. paper is another plus, watercolorist such as David Curtis are such great artist.  I have my friend Vic to thank for introducing me to there work.

5 comments:

  1. I love the Marina, Joan The beach looks amazing ..love the rocks and the houses ..nice work!!
    and I like the changes you did with the house you reworked... the lighter version is more subtle ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda, thank you so much. I actually love the East Islip Marina, Mike and I go there quite often during the summer. Maybe we can meet one summer evening, both you and your hubby, we can have a drink and snack at the little Bayside Restaurant.
      Thank you for the visit.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Good morning Joan!... A warm subtle watercolour feel to both of these. Water colour is about ... Practice... Practice and more Practice... getting to know and understand papers and pigments and how they respond to each other. A difficult medium to reach mastery in... if one ever does. It is a fluid process however... and fun to watch the "happy accidents" take place before your very eyes. The medium certainly encourages spontoneity.Stay with it. Good luck and.... Good adventuring!

    Good Water colouring!
    Warmest reagrds,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bruce, you are so right, it's always a matter of practice and understanding the papers, colors, brushes and etc. what can be achieved, it is most certainly a journey. Thank you for the encouragement and sound advice, it's always appreciated.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Hi Joan my frienmd.
    Both very good but my favouriite is the botton one. Got plenty in it. How are you and Mike doing Joan? All the best
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete