Friday, July 25, 2014

Arboretum Barn

Arboretum Barn 
This painting was painted in the studio from a photo on my ipad.  Working from the ipad for me, is a little better than a print.  However, I do enjoy both so much, none of it is easy.  When outdoors, we are dealing with the elements, bugs, people, animals and of course, that overwhelming feeling of what to paint.

But in the studio, it is difficult in a different way, in the studio, all of the basic studies of composition, color, tones and brush strokes have to be remembered in the actual painting process.  To the point! It ain't easy, but so worth the struggle.  Happy Painting everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Joan! You never disappoint us! Its a beautiful scene especially when I zoomed on it.
    Whether you do it plein air or in the studio! Gorgeous colors...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda, as you can see I am trying to catch up with my blogging. These are the paintings that were painted within the last month. I appreciate your encouragement and support, thank you again my friend.

      Delete
  2. Yes a wonderful painting my friend. So powerful. Another winner Joan All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vic, your are so very kind. Your comments are always appreciated my friend. I look forward to seeing your next post.
      Have a great weekend.
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Hello Joan, I am on vacation in a barren area where this beautiful scene would be called paradise. It looks so lush and green with a lovely golden light. Yes, beautiful and beautifully painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I thank you so much for your lovely comment. Long Island has so many beautiful places to paint. Wednesday we are going the the Old Westbury Gardens. I am so excited about painting there and also a little nervous. I will take reference photos, just in case I can't complete my painting.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete