Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bellport Beach House

Bellport Beach House
5x7 acrylic on mdf
Yesterday, took out my acrylic paints and enjoyed the medium.  Switching mediums is one of the joys I experience in art.  Love it all.  Always amazed at the different effects on the same subject matter.  My approach was different, instead of the wet in wet technique I usually do in oils, I wanted a slower approach and blocked in with my layout in basically darker tones and then applied glazes of lighter tones.  I realized the same approach can be applied to oils as well, but my impatient nature dictates to paint quickly as if I were on location.  All in all a fun day.  Happy Painting everyone.

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful with rich, glowing greens and I love the pop of color with the wildflowers.

    It is really neat that you can go back and forth between acrylic and oil with equal skill... and then I find your other blog and discovered you are also accomplished with watercolor. Wow!
    I agree with you, switching media is a joy although not everyone can do it as well as you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, Joan! It doesn't matter what medium you use...they are all amazing...I would love to be sitting by that little cottage right now....love the greens and yes, the little pink flowers! nice work my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan,
    I'm amazed at how big a 5x7 painting can look! Great sense of space and depth and wonderful colors.
    Enjoy your tomorrow.
    Sincerely,
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I love the way the beach house is tucked away. Your impatient nature to paint quickly serves you well.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous painting my friend. It really is a lovely painting. Sold? I hope so. All the best Joan.
    Vic..

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lush and sumptuous! beautifully done my friend! and thank you so much for your kind comments...twice!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very nice Joan. I'm impressed at how easily you can switch from one medium to another. Great work.

    ReplyDelete