Monday, August 18, 2014

Showtime

Mike enjoying the continental breakfast, provided from the Sagtikos Manor staff.
Sagtikos Manor Show

First and foremost, dear friend Hilda, sorry I didn't give you a heads up on the show.  It would have been great to see you. Where does the time go, in spite of my good intentions to blog more often, there never enough time in the course of the day.

Yesterday was our yearly Sagtikos Manor show, it started with a sprinkling of rain then it was simply lovely all day.  I'm noticing people are out to buy original art rather than prints, of course, if reasonably priced.  Years ago an artist gave me a very good tip on selling art.  To have a selling range from high , medium and low.  Great advice that has helped with the sales of my art.

Doing these outdoor shows are very draining and time consuming, I only do a few every year, but I think it is time to try a different way of showing and selling.  My fellow artist and I were talking about galleries, even if they do take a 30% commission, it's worth giving it a try.

I do hope everyone is enjoying there summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment