Saturday, September 27, 2014

50 Shades of Green

50 Shades of Green Challenge
6x8 oil canvas on foam board

Enjoying the Indian Summer weather, picked a few Hydrangea's from my
garden, they are starting to change color.  Soft green and soft pink with just
touch of yellow ochre.  I missed the 30 day challenge some of my fellow bloggers
took part in, BJ and Julie, so very inspiring.

Well like I said, just looking and paying attention to the beautiful show mother nature is displaying is
enough to make an artist pick up their brush and try to capture what they see.  Behind the cup of hydrangeas is
a Spanish Pumpkin my neighbor brought over yesterday, She has a wonderful garden that reaps such
lushes veggies.  Last night it was egg plant parmesan.
Happy Painting everyone. 

6 comments:

  1. This still life looks gorgeouse my friend. beautiful colours as well. Show it by itself, it would look great. all the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, will show it on its own, first a little tweaking, Thank you Vic for you continual support, you have no idea how much it is needed and so very appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Joan, this is really lovely... Hydrangeas are so fascinating. the way the colors change and get so subdued,,
    Yes, the challenge is about to end... I'm not sorry .! LOL ! I had a few others who inspired me to keep going... so here I am all wrung out..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BJ, lol, I knew it couldn't be easy, my hats off to you, for your determination. I will come over and visit. You are in the home stretch. Hang in there.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. I love the subtle shades of green, Joan! Hydrangea's are such beautiful flowers and after they dry we can still enjoy them!!
    Beautiful work !!! ( I can't get over the size of that Spanish Pumpkin!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda, thank you. That Spanish Pumpkin is amazing. My neighbor even gave me a few ideas how to cook it, boil, mash, butter and milk. Just like potatoes, also add red onions, slightly cooked in olive oil.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete