Saturday, September 13, 2014

Painting for this week

Blydenburg Park boat dock 6x8 oil on canvas mounted foam core boad
still more tweaking , waiting for paint to dry, so I can get sharper edges 
Kings Park Bluff 6x8 oil on canvas mounted foam core board
plein air



Once again I apologize for my lack of posting and visits.  I think this time my addiction to face book has been cured.  I something so difficult to understand., While there are artist that I truly admire who show their work on face book the same can be said for my blog.  So many of you have inspired me to achieve to a higher level on my journey of studying what I love, my art.
Well that being said, these are two painting that have been  worked on this past week. friends and I returned to the bluff to paint on location.  Always a joy.
The second painting is from my photo taken on a scouting trip Mike and I went on yesterday.  I did the Blydenburg dock from one of my photos.  I will go back there this week to paint on location.
I do hope everyone is well and have been enjoying the beautiful cool days , the colder days are coming, so it is important to enjoy studio painting as well as plein air.  Happy Painting everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Like you said the summer is short so we have to get out there and paint...of course for me take lots of reference photos!!! lol
    These are both fantastic paintings but LOVE, LOVE Kings Park Blufff....I've been in that area and it's a beautiful place. Your rocks are painted so beautifully, my friend!!! Next in line would be for you to make a u-tube' how to" on-line.... You're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend, just got back from your blog. Once again your work is amazing, love Saturday Night, Looking forward to more of your great post.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Joan ,, I've replied on my blog but never know if people get back to it.
    I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your coming by..
    as for Facebook , I signed up long ago and shortly after stopped all of it.
    That's why you never see me on it....
    Your paintings are lovely as always.
    yes I 'll be better now as I've taken myself to the walk in clinic ..
    Barbra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BJ, happy you gave in and went to the doctor. Sometimes we can't fight off infections on our own and we need the meds. I also hate going to the doc and not a big fan of medicine. Glad you are feeling better. And thank you my friend for the visit and kind words.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. It is a joy to see your beautiful transparent areas glowing so beautifully. I did a double take at Kings park Bluff. The shadows back on those bushes and rock were so spot on perfect - I felt I was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, your encouraging words mean so much to me, I am such a fan of your work. Thank you.

      All the best to you,
      'Joan

      Delete
  4. Both beautiful paintings my friend. The first one doesn`t need anything done to it, it`s sharp enough and great. Glad that you are back Joan.
    Perhaps we shale see more of your paintings now. We went out with the club yesterday to a place called Lee-on-Sea, it was a bit Windy and my easle kept blowing over. I managed to finish the painting but not too happy with it. also when we were about to leave on the Coach, one of our members had`to get off because he had left his wallet in a pub. of course we left without him because he would have been a long time. I wonder how he got Home if his wallet was gone/? I feel so sorry for him. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend, oh, yes, the first one sure is sharp, a little to sharp. lol. After taking a second look after I posted didn't like the dark lines, so not like how I paint. So the correction are in process and I will re-post hopefully a better painting.
      Hopefully your friend got home okay. Isn't great being out with friends and painting. I know the weather can really work against us, but it is all so worth the trouble.

      Take care and all the best to you and Rosemary,
      Joan

      Delete