Monday, September 29, 2014

Spanish Pumpkin

Spanish Pumpkin
6x8 oil on paper

Still studying greens, neighbor Nurcy, who has a great vegetable garden
brought over this home grown Spanish Pumpkin.
I couldn't wait to paint it, simply fascinated by the pattern and
various shades of greens, from olive to cerulean bluish green.
I must give this one another try, on canvas.

I can understand why artist, are so attracted to studying nature,
This design would also make a wonderful dress or sweater.
Happy Painting everyone.

6 comments:

  1. You are right about the range of warm to cool greens in this but the way you did the bumpy surface is what I find really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Joan....the texture is amazing !! I hope you received my email.....talk soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour,

    J'aime beaucoup la manière que vous avez peint la peau granuleuse de cette cucurbitacée. Les nuances de couleurs sont également sublime.
    Beau travail.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic study my friend. I also love the background, great. How`s that Killer of yours, Monet? Behaving hinself? All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanie,

    The texture is incredible and what an interesting subject. Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fantastic job on this Joan... and I love the texture...
    BJ

    ReplyDelete