Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Journal entries

sketch in my journal
Brookhaven 
Pen and ink study
Monet

This past week was a week of simply sketching in my journal.  Mike and I
made an attempt to go to Cold Spring Harbor and of course we got lost. So
came home and did some sketching.  What is it about holding a pen or
brush I have found so soothing. Taking a break from plein air painting this week. It helps
to do some thumb nail studies for future studio painting. I also set up some objects around
the house.

While searching for new locations to spark my enthusiasm it helps to take a break and to think
about  What"s Next, for the moment, I don't have a clue.
Happy Painting everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joan my friend.
    Monet looks fantastic, so cudly, you want to pick him up and cudle Him. That second Scetch is worth a painting Joan. Lovely sketches. I get lost a lot of the time. Between Harry and I , it`s most of the time.
    We get there in the end though. All the best Joan.
    Vic.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, Monet is just what we needed in our lives. He is very adorable. Thank you for your input, I also like the second one for a painting. It helps to just do quick sketches before hitting the oils. Thank you Vic.
      My best to you and Rosemary.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful sketches, Joan. and LOVE Monet....such an adorable little dog! He really needs to be sketched!!! See you soon, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend and I cannot wait until next week, so looking forward to seeing you and your work and of course. the wine and cheese.

      Take care
      Joan

      Delete