Friday, October 3, 2014

Zorn's Palette and Primary colors

Primary colors
Zorn's palette in gouache

Today's agenda was just to have fun and practice my craft.  The first Sunflowers, using the
primary colors working in gouache on paper.

The second using Zorn's palette in gouache on paper. What I love about painting and drawing is
the never ending journey in learning.  We are never too old to learn from the masters who
have gone before us, and the master artist in our time. But the best teacher of all is nature,
and our desire to get up and paint and draw every day.  Someone once asked " Boudin why do you produce so
many paintings?"  He said, " What else would I do, I would be bored if I didn't., paint. He produced
4000 painting and thousands of works on paper. How wonderful is that, so my fellow artist, we are
all on this magnificent journey.  The topping on cake, is when we sell and of course that happens, but it dose not
compare with the joy of painting.

10 comments:

  1. Joan, I've said this before and I say it again... Your work looks like the old masters were your teachers..
    You never cease to amaze me, and constantly reaching to learn more is what keeps you young.
    hugs, B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BJ, thank you for that very kind comment. BJ, yes I do love learning . Hope you are en;joying your little vacation. I will come and visit your blog. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Hi my friend. You have done a brilliant job of the Palette that I`m not too keen on, Som`s Palette. His Palette is too dark for me. But your use of it is fantastic. Well done Joan. Good paintings I must say. All the best Joan
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend, I feel the same way about Zorn's palette it is way too dark. But every once in a while I give it a try, now for me it's back to painting the beautiful colors of fall. Take care.
      Joan

      Delete
  3. The best teacher is nature...but what you paint on the canvas is just like the Masters...Wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hilda my friend I am so looking forward to the show at the Conklin and seeing you and your work. Thank you for the very kind words.
      See you soon,
      Joan

      Delete
  4. Quite wonderful. Both enjoy lovely color harmony and are emotionally moody and engaging. I think managing to get an emotional feeling into a painting is what makes it stand apart...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I appreciate your input and encouragement.

      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete