Saturday, November 22, 2014

Change Is Good

The Grange Park in Sayville
Experimenting with Bockingfor watercolor paper
Sitting in Barns and Nobel  book store cafe, sketching people in pen and ink
Another sketch of The Grange Park sitting in the car

Had a fun filled weak playing with Bockingford paper and watercolor with pen and ink. Sometimes
it's good to change and try different mediums and techniques.  It keeps me excited about my art.
Now I look forward to getting back to my oils and acrylics.

In the meantime I hope everyone is enjoying this time of the year. Happy Painting everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Hi my friend.
    All good sketches Joan, Especially the Cafe sketches. That is the way to get to the top, your almost there, The tops I mean, the Monet`s and the rest. You seem to be doing the right things Joan, i wish i was like that. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear friend, you are so very kind. It was so much fun just sitting there in the cafe and sketching in the corner. Have you and Harry ever sketched in a cafe when the weather doesn't cooperate. I know you would love it, oh, maybe a pub? I still haven't be able to get over to the life drawing workshop , I will try after the holidays.

      All the best to you. Joan

      Delete
  2. These sketches are so beautiful, Joan....I can't imagine working with watercolors! LOVE the last watercolor sketch of the Grange Park while sitting in your car...the texture on the barn is wonderful.! I hope you and hubby have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! sending you hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend, first and foremost, I would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.
      Thank you for the visit and as always very kind and encouraging words.

      All the best to you Hilda,
      Joan

      Delete